I had always figured I'd be drilling another hole through the firewall for the oil cooler shutter cable. After a lot of contortions trying to figure out how to route the cable without interfering with anything else, the obvious solution hit me - just route it through the existing penetration on the right side firewall where all of the wires go through. I clamped the cable to the right rib and wrapped the portion in the firewall passthrough with spiral wrap and silicone tape to keep it from chaffing wires.
I put an adel clamp on the baffle as well as the engine mount.
I still don't love that the push/pull direction is the opposite of what it would ideally be (push to close, pull to open - I'd prefer it to be push to open since that's where it will be 90% of the time), but reversing it would have been a real pain. I'll get over it. I'll have to figure out how to change the label on the panel without causing too much damage though.


